Saturday, May 2, 2009
Girls night out
Help me out. I have the hardest time leaving my kids at home with my husband for many reasons. Let me know what you think of all these. One, I feel guilty unless I really have to be somewhere. Two, I hate that the kids only eat junk while I'm gone and I spend a ton of time cleaning up whatever mess was made. Three, I never know who to call. I feel that I don't have a good reason calling someone just to say hey lets go hang out. Four, something else I will think of later I'm sure. So, all poor excuses. Right? Do all of you have friend time, without the kids, or husband? When, how? How often? What do you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, all bad excuses, but I have the same ones. However, I do go out with some girl friends about once per month or every 6 weeks or so. We just go get dessert and talk for about 2 hours or so. I love it. If you just do dessert, you can feed your kids dinner before you go so you know they aren't eating junk, then, give your husband the word that there better be no mess when you get home or else...
ReplyDeleteI wish I was there to have a girls night with you. How fun!
I do the same thing. The entire time I am gone (usually for a MUST be gone, not a fun be gone) I see images of what is happening at home without me.
ReplyDeleteBut it is nice to come home and have a slightly humbled, more grateful husband, and the kids survive.
I like trying to go out with friends from college or from long ago that I am still in touch with at least once a year.
If I can't find friends to hang out with I try to at least go grocery shopping by myself and run a few other misc errands, or go to the library to find a book (that I will only get partway through...) or sometimes I go out with someone I need to visit teach - it's a good excuse to call to hang out.
I always come back happier, even if I have a mess to clean up after. I usually try to bribe my hubby into keeping it clean.
Ahh...I'm apparently logged in under hubby's account. This is Nicole. :)
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! I don't have girl time either. I find it hard to just go out with my husband. So then when I think ohh I would like a girls night out I feel guilty that I'm not going out with my hubby. (does that make sense?) Anyway you are not alone, if you find the answer please share. ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Laura! When I do have "girls night out" I also don't really know who to call, so I typically go by myself shopping or running or on a bike ride or something like that. I actually really like going alone because I feel like I never get "me" time, and when I'm alone, I come home rejuvenated. When I come home from dinner with "the girls" sometimes I'm more tired than when I left, (in a different way of course). I find it more fun to have "girls" days out with moms and all go to the park. The kids play while the moms just chat.
ReplyDeletePLUS....you just married the wrong brother. Sorry. Tough luck. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hear you. It seems like planning an official girls night out takes a weeks notice and a plan of some great activity. I just make a point to go to enrichment or a book group to get a girl's night out. Hey, let's hang out when I come this summer.
ReplyDeleteOk, I figured it out. I know who you are now. haha.
ReplyDeleteLucky for me, I work outside of the home so I feel like I get that social time. But, I definitely can see myself not getting out when I get more kiddos running around. When that time comes, I'll come back to you for advice.